Thursday, May 28, 2020

Tell Her She's Beautiful

Here's a song from the early 1970s, written by Harry Nilsson. 

Some of Nilsson's life-time accomplishments were, "The Point", an animated 1/2 hour musical he wrote and directed, his #1 recording of "Without You", and his collection of standards with orchestra conducted by Gordon Jenkins "A Touch of Schmilsson in the Night"   It was Harry who advised the Muppets to "Put de Lime in de Coconut", and it was Harry with John Lennon who got drunk, acted up, and got thrown out of a Frank Sinatra show.  What goes up . . . .

Harry had his sublime moments as well.  He led the residents of an English old-folks home in a raucous and enthusiastic wine-filled chorus of  "I'll tie my tie / till the day I die / and if I have to be fed / I'd rather be dead."   And, there was the following song, nothing quite like it anywhere.  And I notice, my version is the only non-Nilsson version on YouTube.  There ya go -- here, in a rare internet sensation, is Gary Alan Guetzlaff, singing Harry Nilsson's "The Most Beautiful World in the World"



Thanks for listening

1 comment:

Alan Willaims said...

Well done Gary. Harry Nilsson was a superior song writer and had an incredible voice. Love your cover.