Monday, December 10, 2012

Simulated Alligator Wallet


Re-posted from December 2011.  I've been awfully busy giving my all at a new job.  Maybe you missed this one last year - shame on you!  Julie is too good to be missed, and it was a rare and joyous opportunity to work with her.

============
The night before the show, Julie called me to ask if I could substitute for an injured piano player - Bette had fallen and could not perform.   A Christmas show - no prob.  I had "done my time" in the Great American Christmas Songbook - if you ever need a piano player or accordioniste for a Christmas show, give me a call - Salvation Army tested and ready to go.  And Bette was not seriously hurt in her fall, she's on the mend, and I hope to see her at our New Year's Day gathering.

It was my privilege to work with Julie Alonzo-Calteaux, one of my favorite Milwaukee singers. With a hurried Saturday morning rehearsal, we made a few adjustments (She didn't think it was appropriate that I sing "Sisters" with her - what a relief!) and by noon we had the show ready to go.

Here's one of the songs from the Saturday show - Thanks to Julie's husband Bill for the excellent camera work.  That's me on piano.  A hilarious rendition of an Alan Sherman parody on the standard "The Twelve Days of Christmas".  




Merry Christmas to you all!. I'd love to hear from you.


Thanks for listening and contributing. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: