Friday, April 17, 2020

For the Birds

Sometimes the best medicine is a breath of fresh cool April air.  Take a short walk (Yesterday's new  restrictions in Wisconsin still allow us that much).  If you prefer staying at home, at least go and stand in the doorway, or stick your head out of the window.  Get away from your TV with its constant sick-room narrative, personal injury attorneys, and true crime shows.  Breathe. Take in the beautiful spring.  Listen to the robins, red-wing blackbirds, and even those little brown windshield-crappers.

And speaking of birds, today's musical assault comes as an attempt to fill a special request.  Last week, a fan of mine, a cockatoo who lives near Madison, WI requested a song by John Denver. "Sunshine on My Shoulders".   This is the best I can do, it's a far reach for my repertoire, and I pray it's good enough.  The beaks on some of those cockatoos are like Pruning Shears, and I don't want my pinkies pruned . . .

So, if you're a cockatoo, this song is for you, from me, from Fernanda, and all the other ferns!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bridge over Troubled Waters