Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Those Beatles

Part Two

Every year at the end of our concert season, we have a show of summer-related songs. Sometimes I have to go it alone, but this year, I was lucky enough to have five people in the show. Over the next few posts, I will be featuring five short clips from this show.

"That's nothing but a bunch of guys with long hair screaming 'yeah yeah yeah' - you call that music???" It was this sort of thing that I grew up with, and still to this day encounter.


The Beatles, as songwriters were lyrical, harmonious, and melodiously complex. As musicians, they were an innovative force - each new album they released defined a whole new musical trend, which was promptly adopted and imitated by other musicians.

And, here's what I hope is an insightful interpretation of the most ubiquitous of the "cacophonious noise" that we love so. Let me hear ya say "Yeah!"



Thanks for listening and contributing. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: