Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Anti-Social Networking


I'm just putting off going outside in zero-degree weather to fool with the Snow Blower.  I'm trying to get the lovely red thing to start - sometimes it's less work to just shovel everything by hand....

I turn you over to Little Fatso - the guardian of my online accounts. She may look fluffy, but she could chew your face off if she doesn't like you. Steal my identity, she will rip out your soul!



Facebook is so ubiquitous, and so vast. No matter what you want to write about, there's a whole group of people with similar interests who are willing to exchange posts with you.  

But, to save  some time, how about some "compartmentalized" Facebook sites, to appeal to those who haven't the time to seek out kindred spirits using search engines.  Here are some of the things I'm proposing, based on what I've seen.

  • Two-Face Book - For those who enjoy talking about people behind their backs.
  • About-Face Book - For someone who doesn't really have an opinion, but likes to be popular by saying what others will approve of.
  • Outta-My-Face Book - For someone who really doesn't like social networking, and just wants to be left alone.
  • What's-His-Face Book - Can't remember someone's name - this site is for you!
  • Poker-Face Book - Like to gather opinions without expressing any of your own? Here ya go - this site is for you!!
  • Blue-In-The-Face Book - For someone who repeats and repeats advice nobody listens to anyway
  • In-Your Face Book - Social networking - it's not who you know, or what you know, it's just being seen that's important. 
  • Shut-Your-Face Book - Pontificating without opposition - this is the Talk Radio of Social Networking. No comments allowed.
So, time to get back to below-zero weather and hands soaked in WD-40.  Start, you B$#-=%!



Thanks for listening and contributing. I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Leslie Hanna said...

HAHAHA! I'm now on FB, but barely, and mostly under protest. I still hate it.