Five Years Ago. Seems like we've lived entire lifetimes since 2006. And yet, it seems to have passed in an instant.
Five years ago today, March 25, 2006, Joyce and I got married. Of course, with the wedding, as with all the other things in our lives, things had to proceed in their accustomed manner:
- Ten minutes before the time of service, my mini-van was stolen from in front of the church, carrying with it all my keys, the rings, and a pan of Vegetarian Lasagna.
- The following day, we were bumped from our flight to the Caribbean Cruise Honeymoon Vacation. Since it was Spring Break everywhere, we couldn't connect the departure, and returned home, the cruise ship sailed without us.
- By mid-week, Joyce had to be taken to the Trinity Hospital emergency room with an abcess in her throat.
- So our backup honeymoon plan of a long weekend in Vegas had to be cancelled as well.
- The following week, I was scheduled for jury duty, and so we had no choice but to say "enough" and get on with our lives, that's me at the Bus Stop.
And, five years later, the question is: Knowing what we now know, and after all we've been through in the last five years, would we do it again?
I know I would. Thanks, Joyce for the happiest five years of my life. Would you do it again, Luv?